Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Moths and Megapixels

One of today’s more enjoyable chores is nailing down a replacement camera. I picked up an Olympus Stylus 770SW before Shirleys. Small enough to slip into the pocket of hiking shorts or the saddlebag of a galloping horse, shockproof, waterproof, freezeproof… Gypsyproof! And 7.1 megapixels of revelry.

But alas I couldn’t (or didn’t want to) get used to the lack of a viewfinder so up on Ebay it goes. (For those who are interested, I'm happy to post the pix I took with it—I was blown away with it's quality. Its a heckuva camera, just not for me)

Now I’m a Canon girl to the depths of my cells and my soul, but when I pulled my lenses out of storage the company techs pronounced them irrevocable ruined. When the season comes I’ll reunite with a phat Canon DSLR and a stableful of glass awaiting adventure. 'Til then, I’m seeking a light, economical yet powerful playmate for my Olympus c-765 (my much loved and hardworking partner since a birthday after several painfully camera-free years.)

As I pore through online stats, reviews and comparisons, a moth alights on my ring finger like a living diamond. He shifts and sways as my hands dance across the keys. There’s a reason jewelers don't say "moths are forever.”Off he flits to find a flame to fly into.

No comments:

Post a Comment