Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Harvest

The greatest form of maturity is at harvest time. This is when we must learn how to reap without complaint if the amounts are small and how to reap without apology if the amounts are big.
~Jim Rohn

I leave for a week of teaching in Massachusettes in a few days. This migration is an annual benchmark. Summer is established. Where is my progress in relation to my goals?

Half the hayloft bulges with sweet-smelling bales. If the winrows dry enough to bale in the next few hours, we'll bring in more wagonloads then celebrate with a float down the creek and a mountain of lasagne and watermelon.

But before the chaos of the morning sets in, I show one of my mares to a prospective buyer. I like the woman, the woman likes the mare, the mare likes the woman, the woman likes me. People erroneously assume commerce is material, when it's 99.9% relational. Looks like Holland is heading to a new home tomorrow morning.


I am learning to reap big, without apology.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the sale, way to relate. Love the quote.

    ReplyDelete