Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Deep Woods, Still Thoughts

Its been a whirlwind 24 hours, give or take a few. Pushing. Cramming. Creating substitutes for critical pieces missing in the 11th hour. Sorting out the remains of a pretty big deal which I had been working on for several weeks, which had an outcome other than what I had hoped. I know it'll all work out even better than I can imagine in the long run. All the same I'm happy to escape from my own mind in a forest romp.

I breathe in the lush greens and the rushing golden sunshine. I feel like I'm swimming in a bottomless pool hidden deep in a rainforest: I am washed pure again to my very core. Any lingering trace of doubt, remorse and fear is swept downstream.

As I soak in the last few snapshots, I am overwhelmed with gratitude. Gratitude for the people in my life, the wonderland in which I live, and the wild and lavish God who makes it all possible. I wipe away streaming tears before anyone can see and head back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment