Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Slow Morning

Slow morning, and much needed, that. I’m editing pictures and exchanging pleasantries with passers-by. Some folks are shocked into flight when I say “good morning.” Their eyes explode with that deer-in-the-headlights look and they spook towards the door. Others leap at the chance for conversation. Exhibitors I’ve befriended over the last few days pop in to say hi. The attorney general stops in to talk about future photography projects.

I have a long, excited conversation with one couple. They packed their lives into an RV for a two year trial. That was 9 years ago. I tell them they are my heroes, and they spend the next 20 minutes or so answering my nuts-and-bolts questions and mapping out my future life. It has long been a dream to pack up and hit the road, but timing is everything and I honor the Moment. However, the itch to roam has been growing over the past couple of years and the season is approaching, the Moment draws closer. Not yet imminent, but closer.

In the meantime, I'm slowly but surely getting Fair Pictures online.

1 comment:

  1. That wanderlust is powerful in many of us! How strange when we find we're in one place that the mind finds ways to move miles anyway--in the depth of photos, in beautiful prose. This blog of yours is proof of that.

    ReplyDelete