Friday, January 12, 2007

Travel Prep, and Ode to Grapefruit

Liz and Cy are leaving tomorrow to rebuild the Katrina-wracked gulf coast. As I leave their house, Liz empties perishables out of their fridge. Thankfully, I don't recognize anything I gave them out of my fridge when I left for Washington for Christmas (nor at that time did I regift them anything they cleaned out of their fridge before Maui a few weeks before). I walk out with a half-full head of lettuce (I'm not dead yet!) and a glorious box of grapefruit, and wonder who I'm giving my perishables to next week when we're all in Vegas....

(to the tune of Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah)

I love grapefruit
Its so yummy
Now its filling
Up my tummy

Makes me thinka
Bein' in Flo-da
Better than a drinka carbonated soda!

No comments:

Post a Comment