Wednesday, January 31, 2007

FULL! If you only read one post in this blog READ THIS!

Full! FULL!! Is this right to post this?
My mom finally discovered this blog tonight (not even knowing what a blog is). She called and I unwittingly answered the phone, not knowing what was happening....

She had me in tears of joy and disbelief. I pass this on to EVERYONE as their birthright--your parents are proud to bursting of who you are, regardless of how they express it. They are BLOWN AWAY by your talents and the beautiful footprint you leave upon this earth. It was enough for them to have given you birth, brought you into existence on this crazy ball of mud and fire. For that alone they should have your endless gratitude.

They are CELEBRATING YOUR VICTORIES with you, regardless of how it may look. And you can turn that back to them pressed down, shaken together, overflowing, even as you pay it forward. If it's easy, count your blessings and pass them on!

I know some of you are bitterly scoffing, "not MY parents!" Try it on. Act as if that celebration, that pride is a given. Consider what has gone on in THEIR lives that makes it impossible to show their love in a way you can receive it. Instead of feeding the monster of hate, criticism or crushing indifference,
multiply their contribution to your creation with acceptance of God's grace as you overcome obstacles and supersize successes. Even if it hurts, buckle down, reach out and offer a hug in some form or another--it'll be returned with interest in ways you can't even imagine.

As I hung up with mom my brother called. Five years ago I didn't know what family meant, and now, through them, I know existence more profoundly than ever.

Count your blessings, even if you don't yet recognize them....

No comments:

Post a Comment