Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Glimpse of India from West Virginia

I'm still on cloud nine from last night-- my first Indian food in years, and great Indian food at that! My thanks to the Wolf for hunting down India Palace in Winchester. The first sip of mango lassi was like a kiss from an old lover: the pleasure of the moment mingling with memories of lassis past (mmm, remember the one in Toronto with the chunks of ginger?) of the fun and the friends of the time... "NOW I remember why I liked you so much!" The Navrattan Bhaji was even better as a bedtime snack than dinner. Somehow, being cold, the individual spices were able to self-actualize. The clove alone sang symphonies. A cacaphony of clearly distinct and exotic flavors-- YUM! Hungry now, and plotting a return trip....

No comments:

Post a Comment