Monday, November 19, 2007

Musical Test

Qaro posts this pitch perception test on her blog. The test, designed by a neuroimaging researcher at Harvard, "characterizes the patient’s pitch discrimination and musical memory abilities.... The test is purposefully made very hard, so excellent musicians rarely score above 80% correct."

I love music, but as far as singing and dancing go, I euphemistically explain that I participate with, ahem, far more enthusiasm than skill. With no delusions of success but a head full of flashbacks of playing "Simon" with Granny, I take the test.

And score an 83.3%

Hmmmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Can one get a negative score? I'm pretty sure that's what I'd end up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahha! That's what I figured I'd end up with. Give it a try! Let us know!

    ReplyDelete